Thank you to all those who came to our Superhero Quarterly Meeting on March 31, below are a few pictures and links to downloads and information from this event!
VNET SuperHero Logo Page 7
2016-03-31 12.07.23 HDR
March 2016 Sworn to Protect Files (End of the year helps)
Make and Take Ideas
- Apple Mason Jar
- Paper Blooms to Top Washi Covered Pencils
- Teacher Appreciation Box
- We Can’t Spell Success Without U Recognition Bar
PASSING THE CAPE
- Review bylaws before elections.
- Bylaw committee to review and suggest changes.
- Copies to the new board members.
- Define new board member duties.
- Do bylaws require an end of year financial review to your general membership/ parents?
- Do bylaws require an audit/financial review of the Treasurer?
- Audit and/or financial review.
- Prepare a “proposed” budget for the next year.
- Leave enough $ for the new board.
- Set-up a date to change check signers.
- Change passwords.
- Always be looking and training new board members.
- Get word out (Newsletters, Social Media)
- Committee nominates worthy candidates for each board position.
- Advertise the ballot prior to elections.
- Refer to Bylaws on Elections.
- Set a date to give notes and materials from outgoing board member to new board member. (Notebook, electronic documents)
- Leave formal documents of organization (taxes, 501(c)(3) paperwork, bylaws, budgets, bank statements, etc.) with the organization.
- Leave “contacts” new members might need. (School contacts -Who approves fundraisers, other they may work with, fundraising contacts.)
- Leave calendar for when things should be done, and who should do them. (Tax deadline, District paperwork, When to submit fundraisers, When to schedule school for events)
- Leave the new board with as much in place for next year as possible.
- Calendar annual events.
- Calendar fundraising.
- Proposed Budget.
- Invite new board to the last few meetings of the old board. Include a debriefing.
- What worked well.
- What didn’t work.
- What could be improved.
- Recognize and thank those who have helped you.